Friday, September 30, 2011

Falling in better places...

Although Target seemed to be my favorite place to fall, before long I began to fall in even better places...

There was the time when I was standing on line on a Monday morning around 7:30 am waiting to check in for a business conference at Ceasar's Palace. Dressed in my conservative navy suit and pumps trying to remain poised, I leaned a bit too far back and took the stantions down with me like a row of dominos, as I tumbled backward to the floor. My face turned red as I was pulled to my feet by a stranger, while others picked up the stantions and still others looked on.

Later when I shared the story with my husband via phone, in an effort to console me, he remarked "Don't worry about it Honey; you're in Vegas, I'm sure they just thought you were drunk!". Somehow, that didn't make me feel any less embarrassed, but it was amusing nonetheless.

That event was followed up a couple of weeks later, with a tumble right out of the shower in a hotel room on another business trip, no witnesses... I could pretend it never happened, but when I fell with a thunderous thud as I clunked my head on the floor in my office and two of my coworkers rushed in to pick me up, I couldn't deny it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you; please feel free to send a comment or question.